Brit wakes up with awful forehead plastic burn after falling asleep sunbathing
A Brit who fell asleep in the sun for 30 minutes on holiday learned her lesson after she woke up to her forehead "looking like plastic" and peeling completely off.
Sirin Murad, 25, was enjoying a seaside holiday in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria, with family when she fell asleep outside in the 21C sun without any suncream.
The London beautician woke up 30 minutes later by the pool with a sore, red face, WalesOnline reports.
READ MORE: Sex toy thieves nick £48k worth of goods including 'world's most extravagant vibrator'
She didn't think much of it and continued enjoying her poolside day.
But when she woke up the next day she was horrified to discover her red face had become extremely sore.
Sirin's skin was so damaged that when she furrowed her eyebrows, her head would crinkle like plastic – but she decided not to seek medical attention, as she assumed it wouldn't get any worse.
The next day things took a turn for the worse as her entire face began to peel, leaving tanned patches of skin next to red, raw ones.
World's youngest PM denies taking drugs after wild partying video leaked online
"At first it really didn’t feel like anything," she said. "It just felt a bit sore when I put pressure on it.
"It really hurt the next day but I actually got some relief when it started peeling – it didn’t hurt and I felt much better. Weirdly, my skin is great now! It even feels better than before, almost like it’s renewed."
The incident, which happened seven weeks ago, has luckily left Sirin with no lasting damage, aside from a few patches of mild discolouration on her cheeks.
The beauty expert is now raising awareness of the importance of suncream following her ordeal.
She said: "No matter how much you think you’ll be fine or that your skin will not burn, always apply sunscreen! It’s definitely worth it!
“In my case, I genuinely forgot – I usually would do but it just slipped my mind."
Price of pint of beer could reach staggering £14 in fresh blow to pubgoers
World's first stag do for dogs allows grooms to enjoy boozy 'pup crawl' with pals
'Ashamed' Wetherspoon's manager on booze-fuelled rampage barged into woman's hotel room
A-level students hit infamous nightclub strip for booze-fuelled night celebrating results
Source: Read Full Article