Dog dies after eating pigs in blanket stuffed with nails by ‘monsters’
A dog has died after eating pigs in blankets stuffed with nails left in a park.
Devastated owner Viola Coschemique, 41, has slammed the "monsters" who left the killer snacks found by her Afghan Hound Azaar.
He had to be put down days later after it caused "severe" damage and internal bleeding.
The horror unfolded after she took the 19-month-old pooch for a walk at Dinton Pastures in Wokingham, Berkshire on January 12.
She said: "I saw one of the babies eating something and pulled him away with the leash.
"I went to check and saw tiny pigs in blanket sausages with nails in them.
"He was fine afterwards. I was checking if there was symptoms but no. He did pass a nail but still had no symptoms so I presumed he was lucky."
But a few days later, "out of the blue", he lost his appetite and was unable to control his bowel movements.
She said: "When everything started, it came crashing down so fast and the damage was so severe that the vet told me the only thing to do was to euthanise my poor boy.
Overweight dogs more likely to get cancer warns vet amid 'worrying' TikTok trend
"The vet said sometimes people leave stuff out like poison for animals to get hurt.
"She said that it was something major he swallowed to take him down do fast.
"He had internal bleeding – shutting down of all organs as result, extreme dehydration and blood loss."
Viola blasted the culprits who left the spiked snacks.
She said: "Those people, once they get bored of hurting animals, they will move to hurt people."
Lost dog missed 'to the point of heartbreak' as 1,100 search for widow's pet
Viola added: "There are no words to describe how we feel or the void that he left in our lives.
"He was the sweetest, most loving and goofiest dog I ever saw."
She said he "made my life complete", adding: "Please be careful, and if you see something that can endanger your dog, remember it will endanger other living creatures."
Wokingham Council urged dog walkers to remain vigilant and said it was "saddened" by the incident.
A spokesman said: "Our rangers have inspected the location in question and have scoured the country park to check for any further sausages that have been spiked with nails.
"We want to reassure visitors that our rangers have not found any further sausages or other items of concern.
"But we would encourage all dog owners to keep a watchful eye on dogs whilst visiting Dinton Pastures."
Thames Valley Police confirmed it received a report of criminal damage that took place on January 12.
A spokesman said: "No arrests have been made in relation to this.
"The investigation has been filed pending any further evidence coming to light."
Source: Read Full Article