Meghan and Harry warned William and Kates kids are set to clobber their fame
Harry and Meghan flew back to the US shortly after the Queen's funeral, ready to be reunited with their children and get back to their professional activities outside of the Royal Family.
The pair were spotted at numerous royal engagements following Her Majesty's death, including the funeral itself and a walkabout with the Prince and Princess of Wales at Windsor.
However, now that the pair are back in the States, they will likely be looking to resume their own projects including creating content for Netflix and Spotify, not to mention navigating the tricky matter of Harry's memoir, originally due to be released this Winter.
READ MORE: Meghan and Harry 'demoted' on Royal Family's official website amid ongoing tensions
And royal expert Eric Schiffer believes the coverage of Her Majesty's funeral will have damaged the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's standing in their creative endeavours as younger royals Prince George and Princess Charlotte took centre stage at the funeral – and as they grow up, threaten to eclipse the Stateside couple's fame.
Schiffer said: "Prince George and Princess Charlotte's importance in the Royal Family as they grow up will clobber the UK fame of Harry and Meghan, and they have a high probability of doing the same outside Great Britain.
"The funeral was a difficult day for Harry. He faced a grisly moment.
"The death of someone he cares about is always difficult but [he is now] also facing a new order of power and of the crown.
"He has now been further reduced in terms of his influence."
Harry is now fifth in line for the throne – prior to the birth of Prince George, he had been third in line behind brother William and his father, now King Charles III.
People just realising what Queen's middle names were as death certificate released
Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, the children of William and Kate, are now second, third and fourth in line for the throne respectively.
George and Charlotte, who were among the youngest attendees at Elizabeth II's funeral last week (September 19) captured the attention of royal fans and the media alike as they took centre stage, walking behind the late monarch's coffin alongside their mum and dad.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Schiffer's comments come amid news that Harry and Meghan had been "demoted" on the Royal website and now sit at the bottom of the roster alongside the Duke of York.
The Firm 's website features a list of significant adult royals, each with their own "about" section, and until recently the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had featured around the middle of the rankings, below senior members of the Firm but above minor royals.
And as recently as 15 months ago they had enjoyed a near-top spot, sitting just below the Prince and Princess of Wales, then the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
It is thought the most recent scathing rearrangement could be a result of Charles ' hope to present a more slimmed-down monarchy and elevate the status of those who have supported the King.
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Royal butler explains correct way to eat a Pot Noodle – but viewers all say the same thing
- King Charles 'thinks he can fix relationship with Harry and Meghan' after Queen's funeral
- Zara Tindall says I'm A Celeb's James Haskell 'interviewed' royals at wedding
- King Charles III's new royal cypher revealed as palace ends mourning period for Queen
- Prince Harry 'wanted Windsor Castle but only got Frogmore Cottage', new book claims
Source: Read Full Article