Melania snub: First Lady discovered Donald Trump plan for Biden inauguration ‘on Twitter’
Melania Trump: Expert discusses comments on Capitol riot
Donald Trump announced to the world on social media that he would not be attending Mr Biden’s inauguration ceremony on January 20. It came only two days after violent protests erupted at Capitol Hill last week during the certification of Mr Biden’s presidency.
President Trump has since been permanently banned from Twitter over risks of “further incitement of violence”.
His account @realDonaldTrump is now blank with no followers or posts.
According to a CNN report, many people inside the White House heard of President Trump’s thoughts on the issue for the first time through his Twitter feed.
The First Lady was one of those who did not know about her husband’s plans until he announced them on Twitter, according to a senior White House staffer.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
President Trump tweeted: “To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”
But reports suggest this was not the first time Mrs Trump had discovered news from her husband over Twitter.
A source told CNN: “It’s not the first time she has learned what he was doing because he tweeted it before he told her.”
Video footage of the violent protests in Washington last Thursday showed thousands of demonstrators storming the Capitol building in an attempt to disrupt the certification of President-elect Biden.
It followed a speech by Mr Trump to supporters in Washington DC.
Mrs Trump’s former aide, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, blasted the First Lady for releasing a statement on the violent protest five days after the event took place.
Mrs Trump said in her statement on Monday that she “absolutely condemns the violence”.
She added: “I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week.”
Kamala Harris Vogue cover sparks backlash – ‘Melania so p****d’ [UPDATE]
Jill Biden to spend ‘$1.2 million on bathroom’ in White House revamp [INSIGHT]
When will Melania Trump and Donald leave White House? [ANALYSIS]
But Mrs Trump also mentioned the “unwarranted personal attacks” she claimed to have been receiving.
She said: “I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me – from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda.”
Ms Wolkoff criticised the First Lady for playing “the victim”.
The former aide told the Daily Mail: “Melania played the victim role as she blamed others, including me, for attacking her.”
With less than a week until Mr Biden will be sworn into the White House, Mrs Trump is said to be more than halfway through shipping the family’s belongings, according to reports.
A White House official told CNN the First Lady was “not sad to be leaving”.
On Wednesday the House of Representatives secured enough votes to charge Mr Trump, making him the first ever US President to be impeached twice.
Source: Read Full Article