Palaces embarrassing blunder saw them apologise over Meghans baby announcement

Buckingham Palace made not one but two but two huge gaffes when announcing the first child of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

As all eyes were waiting for the announcement of baby Archie’s arrival, Palace officials caused huge confusion with blunders over when he was born and even who his parents were.

The Palace first announced that Meghan was in labour on May 6 in 2019, when in fact the royal tot had already been born and the Duchess of Sussex was already at home.

To make red faces even more crimson, the official website for the Royal Family also got the parents of Archie wrong.

It stated that Harry’s brother Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton were the new proud parents.

The huge error was quickly rectified, but not before the eagle-eyed royal fans spotted it said "Cambridge" as they awaited official confirmation on Archie’s birth.

The statement said: "Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born at 05:26 on Monday 6 May.

"He is the first child of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and is seventh in line to the throne.

  • Concern as royal fans say Queen 'thinner and thinner' in first outing since Covid scare

"Archie weighed 7lb 3oz and The Duke of Sussex was present for the birth."

Meghan was reportedly brought to The Portland Hospital in London late on Sunday night, escorted by a Scotland Yard Security team, from their then home, Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.

It would just be a few hours later when Meghan and Harry welcomed Archie, who weighed 7lbs 3oz, at 5.26am.

However, the official announcement by Buckingham Palace came at 2pm that Meghan had gone into labour.

  • Meghan Markle's birthday messages have 'hidden signs' from members of Royal Family

Royal fans only had to wait 40 minutes later with the news of a new royal baby broken for the very first time on Instagram.

Harry and Meghan released an image featuring a white intertwining H and M logo, bearing the words 'It's a BOY!'.

While underneath it said: “Their ROYAL HIGHNESSES the DUKE and DUCHESS of SUSSEX are OVERJOYED to announce the BIRTH of their CHILD.”

  • Prince Harry's Super Bowl pics 'middle finger' to haters who 'don't see him as American'

The Palace later issued an apology for the "technical difficulties" over the timing of the announcements.

Harry and Meghan's Head of Communications, Sarah Latham, also commented on the incident and called it a "colossal tech failure."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left their working roles with the Royal Family in 2020 and were therefore able to take control of how Lilibet’s arrival was announced on June 8 in 2021.

For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clickinghere.

Without a blunder in sight, Harry and Meghan announced via the Archewell website: “On June 4, we were blessed with the arrival of our daughter, Lili.

"She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we've felt from across the globe.

"Thank you for your continued kindness and support during this very special time for our family."

Source: Read Full Article