Poor toddler had to be rescued after getting his head stuck in toilet seat

A curious toddler had to be rescued by firefighters after he got his head stuck in a toilet seat this week.

Emergency services were called out to a more unusual incident in Darlington, Durham, as a boy called Edward needed freeing from the white plastic ring.

Fortunately for the young boy, The County Durham and Darlington Fire & Rescue Service managed to help him escape in no time, and he took it all in his stride.

It is still unclear how Edward got himself stuck in what looked like a giant plastic collar, but here's to hoping it doesn't happen again.

The heroes have since posted a picture of the cute toddler on Twitter, with many people praising Edward for his calm response to the situation.

Fire officials uploaded the image using the hashtag #NotJustFires and said: "Yesterday morning, firefighters from Darlington came to the rescue of Edward after he found himself having some… toilet troubles!

"Thankfully our crews got to work quickly and managed to release him in no time"

But it's not just children who get themselves stuck in ordinary ways, last year, one woman desperately needed a drink and managed to get herself stuck hanging upside-down on a fence by a pub.

  • Missing Jack Russell saved by drones dangling sausages to lure her out of wilderness

The mishap took place at the Hope and Anchor, in Royton, Greater Manchester, and saw the unlucky punter suspended upside down.

And while the firefighters weren't called, she did have to rely on a kind-hearted stranger to help her out of the predicament as others sat and laughed.

Landlady Margaret Newton said at the time: "I'm just glad she didn't hurt herself. It's a light-hearted story. I have no problems.

"They do tend to climb over the fence. If they climb over the fence, the rule is they don't get served."

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article