Pregnant wife saves husband from shark attack by jumping into bloodied water

A quick-witted pregnant wife jumped in the water to save her husband from a shark attack.

The brave woman plunged into the water without hesitation after seeing it fill up with blood.

Andrew Charles Eddy, 30, had been snorkelling when he was attacked by what was believed to have been a bull shark, according to the New York Post.

Witnesses say his pregnant wife, Margot Dukes-Eddy, instantly jumped in at Florida Keys, though it is unknown how far along she is in her pregnancy.

According to a report from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office: “Dukes saw the shark’s dorsal fin and then blood filling the water.

“Dukes, without hesitation, dove into the water and pulled Eddy to the safety of the boat.”

Witnesses said Mr Eddy was attacked almost immediately after entering the water, a local police spokesman said.

The couple had been on a 20 foot motorboat with their family.

This included Margot's parents, her sister and sister's boyfriend before the attack took place

Her sister and her boyfriend, as well as dad were already in the water as Andrew was bitten by the shark on the shoulder.

  • 'Cannibal fish' with huge teeth terrifies walker as it lunges to bite him on beach

Eddy was taken back to Sombrero Beach, where Marathon Fire Rescue and MCSO tended to him before being an air ambulance took him to Ryder Trauma at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.

The report also reveals witnesses had seen a nine foot shark that day.

Although some speculated it to be a tiger shark, according to the description authorities say it is more likely to be a bull shark.

“Bulls are regular inhabitants at that attack site, tigers less so, but still common,” George Burgess, the retired director of the International Shark Attack File, told a newspaper.

Andrew and Margot have not yet commented on the incident.

A spokeswoman for Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital where Andrew is being treated has said the couple is requesting privacy, reports The Herald.

Source: Read Full Article