Veggie mum left raging after McDonald’s puts chicken in her vegan wrap

A mum claims a McDonald's cock up has left her feeling sick after biting into chicken in her 'spicy veggie' wrap.

Vegetarian Maisy Mason, 20, says she is a regular customer of McDonald's branch on Exeter High Street where she went for lunch on Tuesday for her 'go-to' order.

Without checking it, Maisy tucked into her wrap which she claims she quickly discovered had chicken in by mistake, Devon Live reports.

She said: ''I just dived straight into the wrap and after taking a bite I knew.

''I have had a bit of tummy ache today, I can't point the finger at McDonald's but there's a good chance I feel ill because of the chicken.''

  • McDonald's fans in awe at Happy Meal 'secret' after worker films herself taking order

Maisy from Exeter, Devon, says she made the decision to order from the fast food chain as she was home alone with the baby and didn't have time to make food.

She said: ''I always order from McDonald's so I didn't even think to check what was in it before I ate it.

''I've called their customer services today (January 26) and they have offered me a £10 voucher.

''I am not really happy with that to be honest – I don't think it is acceptable.''

The McDonald's customer said that despite the surprise chicken discovery, she continued to eat the wrap after removing the meat.

In response to the incident, a spokesperson for McDonald's said: ''We absolutely recognise that it is not acceptable to serve meat when a vegetarian product has been ordered, and we sincerely apologise to the customer for the mistakes that were made in this case.

''We take order accuracy very seriously and have a number of procedures in place to avoid inaccurate orders.

''We are disappointed that we fell short of these on this occasion.

"When the customer brought this matter to the attention of our restaurant team we immediately apologised and offered a replacement meal. Our Customer Services team has also been in contact with the customer.

''Following an investigation the restaurant confirmed this was a case of human error and all staff have been reminded of the importance of order accuracy and of the correct procedures when serving a customer with specific requirements.

Source: Read Full Article