WW3 fears: Iran issues terrifying threat to US as military put on standby – ‘We are ready’
Iran could retaliate against Israel and US warns expert
Iran’s foreign ministry has issued an ominous warning to Washington just days after US war planes were spotting flying over the Middle East. A spokesman for the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said: “We will respond strongly to any US attack. We are ready for any scenario.”
The presence of US forces in the region and the threat from Tehran, comes ahead of the one year anniversary of the killing Iran’s military general Qassem Soleimani.
On Wednesday, the US military flew two B-52 bombers over the Middle East and close to Iranian air space.
Speaking on Thursday, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif accused US President Donald Trump of playing war games.
In a post on Twitter, he said: “Instead of fighting Covid in US, @realDonaldTrump & cohorts waste billions to fly B52s & send armadas to OUR region.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
“Intelligence from Iraq indicate plot to FABRICATE pretext for war.”
The US military have confirmed the fighter jets have since left the region.
It is understood, officials in Washington are wary of a retaliation attack from Iranian forces on the anniversary of the death of general Soleimani.
In another sign of aggression from Iran, Hossein Dehghan, a military adviser to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, warned Tehran was capable of launching an attack on any US base in the region.
The military officer told Mr Trump not to turn 2021 in to a “mourning for Americans”.
Mr Dehghan also took a huge swipe at the 45th US President and referred to him as the “White House evictee” following his election defeat Joe Biden in November.
In a post on Twitter Mr Dehghan said: “I saw on the news that the Americans are on alert for fear of the revenge (over Soleimani’s killing) and have flown two B-52 bombers over the Persian Gulf.
“All their military bases in the region are covered by our missiles.
“I advise the White House evictee (Trump) not to turn the New Year into mourning for Americans.”
The Pentagon has also said an aircraft carrier, which has previously operated in the Middle East region, will return to US waters.
US officials believe the move could be seen an attempt to reduce growing tensions in the region.
The US and Iran were on the brink of triggering World War 3 in January last year after US forces killed General Soleimani during a missile attack in Iraq.
Re-join campaign launches ‘EU ID card’ to ‘resist Brexit’s effects’ [INSIGHT]
Farage rejects claims he should receive knighthood for Brexit victory [VIDEO]
BBC Weather: Snow showers hit UK as temperatures plummet to -7C [FORECAST]
The top military official was travelling through Baghdad, when his two-vehicle convey was struck by three US missiles on January 3.
Four days after the attack, Iranian forces launched a rocket attack on US facilities in Iraq, including near the embassy.
No known Iran-backed groups have claimed responsibility for the incident.
Source: Read Full Article