Family of girl, 8, kidnapped by Hamas plead for humanity
The father of a Hamas hostage has urged the terror group to “show humanity” and release his daughter unharmed.
Emily Hand, 8, is believed to have been snatched by Hamas fighters during the militant attack on October 7.
Emily’s father Thomas believed at first she had been killed during the battle at Kibbutz Be’eri, in Israel.
Speaking directly to Emily’s captors, Mr Hand made an emotional appeal for her return in time for her ninth birthday in two weeks’ time.
Mr Hands urged Hamas to “show some compassion, some humanity” during an emotional interview with Good Morning Britain.
Read More: Hamas leader denies instructing terrorists to kill Israeli women and children
The family have been given an “indicator” that Emily’ is being held in Gaza after two mobile phones, belonging to Emily’s friend and her mother were traced to the Hamas-controlled enclave.
Mr Hand told GMB of the struggling with the thought of what Emily may be enduring in the hands of Hamas.
He explained the family had only just begun the process of grieving for Emily before now being told she may yet live.
Mr Hand said: “I went from feeling the nightmare is over to, okay, I’m back in it. We’re all back in it now.”
Hamas rocket expert responsible for innocent civilian deaths killed in airstrike[INSIGHT]
Assassination attempt on Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas[REPORT]
Hamas leader ‘trapped in bunker’ as Israel forces brand him ‘dead man walking'[ANALYSIS]
A Hamas leader insists the terror group did not target civilians during the October 7 attacks despite widespread evidence of kidnappings and killings.
Top Hamas official Moussa Abu Marzouk has declared Hamas gunmen were ordered to spare civilians during the group’s terrorist rampage on October 7.
The remarks fly in the face of widespread video evidence showing Hamas terrorists shooting unarmed Israelis.
Marzouk insists that Hamad’s commanders gave orders to fighters to target only soldiers and reservists and to spare women and children.
The October 7 attacks across southern Israel killed more than 1,400 Israelis – the majority civilians.
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
Source: Read Full Article