Lucy Letbys house sold and cats left homeless as parents flee 250 miles

Baby killer Lucy Letby has been forced to say goodbye to her old life after she was sentenced to a life behind bars.

The former nurse was handed 14 whole life sentences with no possibility of parole for murdering seven babies and trying to kill another six while working at the Countess of Chester Hospital in Chester.

Now, locked up at Durham's infamous HMP Low Newton, the pieces of Letby's old life are being sold off and her parents have fled their home in Hereford to be closer to their disgraced daughter.

READ MORE: Lucy Letby's 'best mate' still says she's innocent after supporting killer through trial

Letby's three-bedroom, semi-detached home was sold off in 2019 after suspicion over her behaviour arose.

She first purchased the property, a stone's throw from the hospital where she carried out her crimes, in April 2016 for just under £179,000.

She was arrested at the house at 6am on July 3, 2018, on suspicion of attacking infants in her care and was suspended from her role on the neonatal ward.

Following the arrest evidence of her horrific crimes were found at the abode, including chilling notes which read things like: "I AM EVIL. I DID THIS," along with medical notes kept as "souvenirs" of her young victims.

  • Inside Lucy Letby's sick colour coded system to track baby murder spree

The horror proof of her murders sat alongside childlike decor in her bedroom, including teddy bears on her bed and pictures on her wall with slogans such as: "Leave sparkles wherever you go," and: "Shine like a diamond."

Having put her house on the market upon her arrest, it was snapped up by wind turbine technician Dean Porter for £201,000 in 2019.

He told the Daily Mail: "I was aware of the previous owner's background when I bought it. I was told by the estate agent what was going on but obviously I've got nothing to do with the previous owner."

Porter declined to comment when asked what it was like living in the home of a convicted killer.

After the house was sold, Letby moved back to her parents' house until she was charged in 2020.

And it's not just the house that needed to be dealt with in the wake of Letby's arrest.

Her two rescue cats, Tigger and Smudge, were reportedly put up for adoption while her mum and dad, Susan, 63, and Jonathan, 77, left Hereford and rented an apartment close to Manchester Crown Court for the duration of the 10-month trial.

After she was convicted the couple reportedly relocated 250 miles to be closer to their daughter, with their neighbours suspecting the pair might never return to their hometown.

Speaking to the Mail, one Hereford resident said the pair had become "recluses" following their daughter's arrest.

"At first, they spent all their time at the back of the house and never even answered the phone," they said.

"Then when the trial began last year, they rented a flat in Manchester so that they could attend the proceedings. This is a friendly cul-de-sac and people do feel for them, but I guess there will always be a bit of finger-pointing, and more so as new people move in who never knew John and Susan."

Another neighbour said the couple are still convinced their daughter is innocent.

Susan, an accounts clerk, was heard crying as the verdict was read out in court: "You can't be serious! This can't be right!"

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article